Monday 8 April 2013

10:14 Martha My Dear (pt 2) - Sgt Martha Pepper


One of the cool things about a study like this is when you discover reoccurring patterns or motifs.

First listen to the five notes of Martha My Dear's bass line (played on piano) that occurs at 0:07. Now listen to the horn part on Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band at 1:35 (coinciding with the words “Love to take you home”)

Yep. Exactly the same. Root, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, Octave.

Can you use it in your own song? Probably not.

Could bore the pants off non-muso friends with your trivia knowledge. Definitely!

More useful is the ticket to write I'm going to call the seventh drop (Ticket 60). It's so cool it requires it's own post! And it will be here in one hour!

Image: Mandy Mandii 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, the echoing seems so obvious, now that you've pointed it out. I don't know how I managed to never notice it before...

    ReplyDelete