Monday 25 October 2010

Why Paul McCartney thinks Beatles Songwriting Academy is a bad idea



I don’t have any desire to learn [music theory]. I feel it’s like voodoo, that it would spoil things if I actually learnt how things are done.
(Anthology p.175)

Ah, but what do you know Macca? We're going to continuing unravelling the voodoo that you do so well with song no 38 - She Came In Through The Bathroom Window starting right here this week.

And my question for you gentle reader is;

What do you want first, the good news or the bad news?



5 comments:

  1. I always ask for the bad news first. It makes me feel better to end on a high note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with John. Bad news first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The people have spoken! Bad news it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a common point of confusion, Paul: but theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nick - you mean music isn't like voodoo?

    Now what am I gonna do with this chicken?

    ReplyDelete