Thursday 1 July 2010

Best Sites #2 Sites: Beatles Interviews Org



Here's another great site I'd recommend BeatlesInterview.Org AKA Beatles Ultimate Experience.

It's a kind of searchable database of Beatles interviews (and photos) helpfully cross referenced by year, film and most helpfully by album.

For example here's what they had to say about last weeks song Hold Me Tight


JOHN 1980: "That was Paul's. Maybe I stuck some bits in there... I really don't remember. It was a pretty poor song and I was never really interested in it either way."


PAUL 1988: "I can't remember much about that one. Certain songs were just 'work' songs... you haven't got much of a memory of them. That's one of them. You just knew you had a song that would work, a good melody. 'Hold Me Tight' never really had that much of an effect on me. It was a bit Shirelles."


PAUL circa-1994: "'Hold Me Tight' was a failed attempt at a single which then became acceptable album filler."

Read more


  

No comments:

Post a Comment