Beatles Songwriting Academy now has it's own forum. Here's the skinny -
What's it for?
Though I started BSA to document my own learning journey I have really enjoyed interacting with you, my readers. The forum is a way to do that a little more. Here's what I'd like it to be
- A place for you to help me with research - from time to time I'll throw out questions and pleas for musical examples.
- A place for you to ask questions. Something you want to know may even a spark future post.
- A place for roundtable discussions. Occasionally I'll want to take a straw poll on the merits (or not) of certain songs or albums. Have your say!
- A place for you to share anything cool (and relevant) you've come across.
The (large) small print
- This Facebook group is an experiment. If I feel it's wildly successful I'll move it to become a self-hosted part of the blog. If it's wildly unsuccessful I'll just shut it down.
- As with the site, I'm very tough on spam and rudeness (to me or others). It's OK to disagree, but play nice. I and most of the regulars back our opinions up with musical evidence. If you do the same we'll love you forever.
- On or near topic only please. Beatles Songwriting? Yes please - everyday and twice on sundays. Songwriting? Probably. Beatles? Maybe - but keep it musical. Anything else? Not really.
- A word about self promotion. 'A word' is about the right amount. Almost everybody else on the forum will be a working songwriter with wares to sell. I won't be clogging up the forum with every song I release - I expect you to show the same restraint. If you have a major release coming up, maybe a mention. If you have a song with a specific Beatle link - maybe. And the more you contribute outside of your releases the more slack you'll be cut when you do put something out.
Ready? Here it is - Beatles Songwriting Academy Forum