Tuesday 12 March 2013

300 - Tonight We Dine In Strawberry Fields!



300 Posts (give or take...)

It's important to celebrate those little milestones so after 3 years of blogging and 4 albums we hit post 300 a couple of posts back – hard to believe when I started I ever thought I'd complete this project in a year! By way of remembrance here's ten of my favourite posts. 

I Want You, She's So Heavy: A Conversation with Nicholas Tozier in which we eat curry, discuss religious iconography and play billiards
Be-Atletude: Blessed Are The Prolific ABC. Always Be Composing
Paul McCartney Biography Roundup Why read one book on Macca when you can read three?
The Medley From Abbey Road - Live The ultimate covers band throw down
Under The Influence: Les Claypool a small child and a possessed record turntable
Three Hammer Prevention Questions Your band want to kill you? Here's why.
Separated At Birth? Something For No One two great songs, one great chord sequence
The Long And Winding Road (pt.4) ways to delay the journey home

Do you have a favourite? Let me know in the comments section.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Matt, I´m doing that online course of songwriting:https://www.coursera.org/course/songwriting. It started March 1st, but I think people still can join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching the 300 mark. All your hard work is appreciated; you have some great insights. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Geordie - I appreciate your comments and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mr. Blick,

    Congratulations on 300 posts! I’ve been following this blog for nearly 2 years now, but I didn’t realize until recently that there was a way for me to comment without having a Blogger account. *smacks forehead in frustration at self*

    Anyway, my favorite post out of the ones in your list is probably “Why I Love The Beatles Too Much To Worship Them”. It has long been my opinion that true fans of The Beatles are the ones who aren’t afraid to be seriously critical of their work (or to just poke fun at the bandmembers’ personality quirks/flaws, goofy dressing habits, etc. etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Justice glad you 'found your voice at last'! Thanks for being around for so long. Hope we're all around to get over the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, so do I. But honestly, it hasn’t taken me much effort to stick with BSA – the information here is fascinating! I felt selfish, though, for enjoying it so much and yet not telling you your work is appreciated. I had the mistaken assumption that I would have to have a blog of my own in order to chime in here – didn’t realize that my Google account was my ‘ticket to ride’, so to speak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...well I'll expect a comment on every post from now on then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL; I just might do that. Gotta warn you, though: I'm not actually a musician, so I won't have anything exceptionally cerebral to say about structure or chord progressions...

    ReplyDelete